What I have realised this weekend
- It doesn't matter if I am a little tired of 'That's Not My Fairy' ("her hair is too frizzy", "her wings are too fluffy" etc etc), Scarlett loves it.
- I must learn not to spend money before I have earned it. Oh so often I find that an article is not published and therefore I don't get paid. Thankfully (this time) I was only daydreaming about spending.
- Rather than tearing your hot toast by trying to spread cold butter, lay thin slices of butter on the toast then wash half the kitchen floor, check child is OK, wash the other half, check child is OK. Miraculously you can now spread the butter on your lukewarm toast. So good to know.
- The best way to deal with raspberry blowing at mealtimes is to cover yourself with a tea towel, pair of sunglasses and shower cap.
- Having an hour on my own at home, reading a book and drinking a cup of tea is one of life's simple pleasures.
- £65 doesn't buy as many groceries as I thought.
- Jade Goody's terminal illness has touched me more than I ever thought possible.
- I don't know how many types of grass there are growing naturally in the UK but I found at least four different types during a (very intensive) weeding session of a small space at the allotment yesterday.
- If I only eat when I am hungry, finish when I am full and enjoy every mouthful of whatever I fancy it turns out that I eat half as much as I think I need.